COVID-19 Safety Procedures & Notes
The time has come to welcome you back to our Cafe (as of Thursday, June 25th) on our new outdoor patio! We are looking forward to hosting guests again, with the safety and confidence of our staff and guests at the forefront of priorities. Please review the guidelines below to note changes we have made and precautions we intend to take in order to do so.
- All staff has been re-trained on culture, service and technical components of the business and re-certified on all safety & sanitation procedures, including all newly designed procedures.
- We have been and will continue to take guidance from science-based organizations, including but not limited to the CDC and Johns Hopkins University. Additionally, the James Beard Foundation has released a Safety First guide to serving food and protecting people during Covid-19. We have adapted this 47 page document to a 35 page version for daily use and reference in our businesses.
- We will have a Safety Officer on shift for the first week of re-opening. Their role will be solely to help keep an eye on one another to ensure we’re following the new safety procedures (reminders to not touch faces, mask wearing, hand washing, sanitation practices, etc.)
- We are now offering an outdoor patio space! Spending time with others outdoors has been shown to be the safest option to prevent virus spread. Tables will be spaced out to allow for social distancing as well.
- No dogs/pets will be allowed on the patio for the time-being.
- Tables will be entirely empty (no sugar caddies, salt & pepper, flowers, hot sauce bottles or pre-set place settings). Staff will give you rolled silverware upon arrival, water upon seating and other items upon request.
- Menus are all in plastic covers, ready to be sanitized. We also have enough menus to get through the entire day so they shouldn’t have to be handled by more than one person in a day.
- We have increased the number of sanitation stations. Tables & surfaces will be wiped with sanitized towels as well sanitizer spray after each guest.
- For the time being, we will be avoiding communal beverage containers in order to keep germs any potential germs at their own table 🙂 This means that coffee refills will be given in paper to go cups and each table will have an individual water carafe.
- Curbside delivery will continue to be available.
- Please note: We do only have one phone line, which means there is a potential for a busy signal when you call. Please be patient and continue to call. Alternatively, online ordering is still open and available. We highly encourage orders through the online system is you’re struggling to reach us.
Please feel free to reach out to one of our managers with any questions you have as we work together toward reopening in a safe and effective manner. They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com or at 414-271-2124.
When given the opportunity, please give an extra ‘Thank You’ to our staff! They are remarkable people and deserve every ounce of kindness, patience and gratitude you have to offer. We would not be where we are today without them and could not have accomplished what we did during the Covid shut-down without their support and efforts.